In a time where collaborations are the norm. They often needs a few components in order to succeed. Over the years, this has been accomplished through effective narrative and a collaboration between a cult-like brand or individual and a major sneaker brand. Even though this plan has been successful and popular throughout the years. Just as they used to, the remix of colorways on the same old silhouettes hasn’t lived up to the hype. There seems to be a new collaboration every week to promote the same old sneaker in a fresh colorway. This has given brands like CPFM the chance to try a completely different strategy. Since their upcoming collab with Nike is undoubtedly impractical, they are obviously looking for shock value. Will this open the door for fresh approaches to working with shoe labels, or will designs like this be more of a one off type of release?
The Cactus Plant Flea Market x CPFM Flea 1 ‘Overgrown’ brings sneaker-heads one of the wildest looking sneakers to ever release. When images originally hit the internet, the first thing that came to mind was the Grinch, although just a nickname amongst consumers it’s definitely fitting. The upper consists of a shaggy faux-fur on a Dunk Low. The fur comes in numerous shades of green, with that same color material on the parts that make up your typical sneaker upper underneath all the fur. Both sneakers are constructed completely from each other from the fur all the way to the soles. Green laces with white stripes sit on top and blends in with the fur.
Sporting multiple logos all over the sneakers, Cactus Plant Flea Market’s yin-yang logo peeks through the faux fur at the lateral collar. Nike and CPFM mismatched branding are featured on the tongues, paired with a swoosh under each. A zipper stash pocket hides out on the interior side. The dunk soles come mismatched in brown and grey to resemble dirt and concrete. Both are made from Nike Grind, a recycled rubber material adding more detail to an already wild aesthetic. Other details include, special packaging, heat map insoles labeled L & R, brown dust bag, and different shades of green laces out of different materials.
Look for the Cactus Plant Flea Market x Nike CPFM Flea 1 “Overgrown” to release November 29th select retailers and SNKRS app. Check out fire official images below and turn on notifications for all our social media channels for more sneaker updates.
Nike CPFM Flea 1 “Overgrown”
Color: Forest Green/College Green-Gorge Green-Sail
Style Code: DQ5109-300
Release: November 29th
- First Look At Jayson Tatum’s Signature Jordan JT1While Boston Celtic’s Jayson Tatum has recently stated that the first looks of his signature Jordan Brand shoe were not actually what would be released, it appears he might have just been trying to throw… Continue Reading →
- Air Jordan 13 “Wheat” Returns Holiday 2023Jordan Brand is no stranger to bringing back past colorways, in fact that’s basically their whole business model. Nevertheless, it works. The most recent classic to hit the interwebs is the Air Jordan 13 “Wheat.”… Continue Reading →
- Official Images: Sean Wotherspoon x adidas OrketroSean Wotherspoon is no stranger to sneaker collaborations, from winning the Nike RevolutionAIR program and having sneaker of the year for his Nike Air Max 1/97. Then wash his hands with Nike to put ASICS… Continue Reading →
- Official Images of The Nike Dunk Low “Sail Cacao Wow” WmnsLast year we got a Nike Dunk Low “Caco Wow” in what ended up being a more outrageous take on the low-cut silhouette for 1985. This year’s “Sail Cacao Wow” still has the earth tones… Continue Reading →
- The Air Jordan 4 “Thunder” Returning This SpringAnother retro is coming back from Jordan Brand this year via the Air Jordan 4 “Thunder.” This sneaker hasn’t released since 2012. The The Air Jordan 4 “Thunder” features a nubuck upper in black, with… Continue Reading →
- Detailed Look At The Nike Dunk “Glow In The Dark”As 2023 is starting to move full steam ahead. Nike has no plans of slowing the Dunk line down at all. With new looks every week of a forthcoming SB Dunk or Dunks in general… Continue Reading →
- First Look At The Born x Raised x Nike SB Dunk LowBorn x Raised and Nike SB has teamed up to launch their collaborative Dunk Low. After being rumored to release for some time, what the joint venture would actually look like has been unknown until… Continue Reading →
- Official Images: Union LA x Jordan AJ1 KO Low, Launching In JanuaryUnion Los Angeles is no stranger to sneaker collaborations with Nike and Jordan Brand. It started with their now iconic Union LA x Jordan 1 High in Blue and Black and has joined forces on… Continue Reading →
- Air Jordan 2 WMNS “Muslin” Releases January 26thAs Jordan Brand continues to push the Air Jordan 2 model in 2023, we are set to get another at the end of January. Here’s the rundown on the Air Jordan 2 WMNS “Muslin. The… Continue Reading →
- Air Jordan 5 “Mars For Her” Releases January 14thThe newest women’s Air Jordan 5 comes with “Raging Bull” Vibes The Air Jordan 5 “Mars For Her” comes wearing a color pattern of Martian Sunrise, Black, Fire Red, Muslin, and Bright Mandarin. Red suede… Continue Reading →
- Nike’s New Calm Slides Taking A Page Out Of Yeezy PlaybookEva foam has been all the craze in footwear in the past few years. From Yeezy Slides to Foam RNR, more brands are taking the EVA foam for all kinds of footwear. Nike is joining… Continue Reading →
- Official Looks at The Air Jordan 4 SE “Craft Photon Dust” Coming SoonThe Air Jordan 4 SE “Craft Photon Dust” is a future iteration of the silhouette scheduled to launch this month. The Air Jordan 4 “Craft” comes constructed in a mix of leather, suede, and textile… Continue Reading →
- Official Look at the Air Jordan 4 “Oil Green Seafoam”This year, Jordan Brand continues its run with the Jordan 4 as the retro has recently started to climb to the number 1 spot for coveted Jordans. This spot has long been held by the… Continue Reading →
- Official Images of the Nike Dunk Low “Year Of The Rabbit”We have a Official Images of the upcoming Nike Dunk Low “Year Of The Rabbit.” The newest colorway to arrive as part of Nike’s CNY pack, which includes multiple dunks coming soon. This newest Nike… Continue Reading →
- Detailed Look: Jordan 1 High OG “White Cement” Set For Spring ReleaseAnother release to add to the already stacked year of releases for the Jordan Brand. Here’s a look at the upcoming Joran 1 “White Cement.” Jordan Brand is bringing back the iconic Elephant Print this… Continue Reading →
- Air Jordan 1 High OG “Skyline” Launching This SpringJordan Brand has always been ahead of the curve regarding storytelling for each sneaker release. Whether it’s an OG colorway that MJ wore. Or from making a sneaker from iconic moments in his life. The… Continue Reading →
- Air Jordan XI Low “Cement Grey” Coming SoonThe newest Air Jordan XI Low “Cement Grey” has cool Grey vibes and will be launching for the whole family. The upper is constructed from a white ballistic mesh with webbing eyelets overlayed in the… Continue Reading →
- Air Jordan 1 High OG “Washed Heritage” Launching This SummerAs more Jordans get revealed for 2023, the year is starting to shape up. Some would say 2022 wasn’t the best year of colorways overall for Jordan Brand. They have turned it around with a… Continue Reading →
- A Detailed Look: Yeezy 350 V2 Light Cinder Due In 2023Once slated for a January release, we have the best look yet at the Yeezy 350 V2 Light Cinder. Coming in light grey, this tonal colorway is reminiscent of the 2020 Tail Light release. These… Continue Reading →
- A New Nike SB Dunk Low Surfaces in Midnight Navy and Desert OchreThe newest Nike SB Dunk Low sports a two-toned upper mixed with canvas and suede. The Nike SB Dunk Low Midnight Navy and Desert Ochre feature the rear 2/3 in Midnight Navy. Including the swoosh,… Continue Reading →