Over the years, the Air Jordan 2 has been largely forgotten, but there has been a comeback as of late. Collaborations have been very popular in the sneaker industry, and Jordan Brand has used them arguably more effectively than most. This has been their plan of attack for generating interest in the Jordan 2. They’ve had influencers and companies like Virgil Abloh and his Off-White brand, as well as A Ma Maniere, Union LA, J Balvin, and others. A few years ago, nobody wanted a Jordan 2, but that has changed as a result of well planned collaborations with these companies. Therefore, the holiday season is the ideal moment to reintroduce the original Air Jordan 2 Chicago.
The Air Jordan 2 “Chicago” is made entirely of leather, with panels that are a mix of smooth and embossed. The upper is primarily white with black and varsity red accents at the heel. At the top of the heel, Nike branding is visible in varsity red. On the white tongue, the Air Jordan Wings emblem is stamped, and the black trim matches the sockliner.
The midsole features a smooth black finish contrasting the upper. While the outsole comes in OG form in black, red and white color blocking with Nike at the heel. Other details include flat laces in black and the sneakers will be packaged in the Air Jordan 2 ‘Wings’ box. This iteration of the Air Jordan 2 ‘Chicago’ is as close as you can get to the original which will sit well with Jordan collectors.
When Does The Air Jordan 2 Chicago 2022 Release?
On December 30th, expect these to launch for $200. They will be available on the SNKRS app and select retailers. This will be a full family sizing drop. Check out the official pictures below and keep checking back for more details as they unfold and upcoming sneaker updates.
- First Look At Jayson Tatum’s Signature Jordan JT1While Boston Celtic’s Jayson Tatum has recently stated that the first looks of his signature Jordan Brand shoe were not actually what would be released, it appears he might have just been trying to throw… Continue Reading →
- Air Jordan 13 “Wheat” Returns Holiday 2023Jordan Brand is no stranger to bringing back past colorways, in fact that’s basically their whole business model. Nevertheless, it works. The most recent classic to hit the interwebs is the Air Jordan 13 “Wheat.”… Continue Reading →
- Official Images: Sean Wotherspoon x adidas OrketroSean Wotherspoon is no stranger to sneaker collaborations, from winning the Nike RevolutionAIR program and having sneaker of the year for his Nike Air Max 1/97. Then wash his hands with Nike to put ASICS… Continue Reading →
- Official Images of The Nike Dunk Low “Sail Cacao Wow” WmnsLast year we got a Nike Dunk Low “Caco Wow” in what ended up being a more outrageous take on the low-cut silhouette for 1985. This year’s “Sail Cacao Wow” still has the earth tones… Continue Reading →
- The Air Jordan 4 “Thunder” Returning This SpringAnother retro is coming back from Jordan Brand this year via the Air Jordan 4 “Thunder.” This sneaker hasn’t released since 2012. The The Air Jordan 4 “Thunder” features a nubuck upper in black, with… Continue Reading →
- Detailed Look At The Nike Dunk “Glow In The Dark”As 2023 is starting to move full steam ahead. Nike has no plans of slowing the Dunk line down at all. With new looks every week of a forthcoming SB Dunk or Dunks in general… Continue Reading →
- First Look At The Born x Raised x Nike SB Dunk LowBorn x Raised and Nike SB has teamed up to launch their collaborative Dunk Low. After being rumored to release for some time, what the joint venture would actually look like has been unknown until… Continue Reading →
- Official Images: Union LA x Jordan AJ1 KO Low, Launching In JanuaryUnion Los Angeles is no stranger to sneaker collaborations with Nike and Jordan Brand. It started with their now iconic Union LA x Jordan 1 High in Blue and Black and has joined forces on… Continue Reading →
- Air Jordan 2 WMNS “Muslin” Releases January 26thAs Jordan Brand continues to push the Air Jordan 2 model in 2023, we are set to get another at the end of January. Here’s the rundown on the Air Jordan 2 WMNS “Muslin. The… Continue Reading →
- Air Jordan 5 “Mars For Her” Releases January 14thThe newest women’s Air Jordan 5 comes with “Raging Bull” Vibes The Air Jordan 5 “Mars For Her” comes wearing a color pattern of Martian Sunrise, Black, Fire Red, Muslin, and Bright Mandarin. Red suede… Continue Reading →